Before You Begin
Ensure that you have the following downloaded and installed correctly:
- Virtual Printer for OS X
- We recommend that the page is larger than the final trim size. This extra area will give room for proper bleed, marks, and agency information.
- Under Layout menu, choose Layout Properties. Ensure that the dimensions are correct.
- If needed, change the document size and move the ad file to the middle of the new document.
- Ensure that the trim and bleed sizes are correct while you have the file open. Ensure that all marks are correct and that they are outside of the image area.
Check The Colors Used
- Ensure that all colors not intended to separate as a spot color are to separate as a process color equivalent.
- Under the Edit menu, select Colors.The color list will open.
- Ensure that all colors not intended to separate as a spot are defined as CMYK Model and that Spot color is unchecked.
- Click OK and Save to update.
Check Font And Picture Usage
- Under the Utilities menu, choose Usage. The Usage window will open, showing font and image information.
- Check that all fonts are loaded and are PostScript Type 1. Click on More Information to see the font details.
- Under the Pictures tab, ensure that no pictures are missing. Update any modified pictures.
Save The Postscript File
- Under the File menu, select Print. This will open the print setup dialog window
- In the Layout Tab, uncheck all boxes, turn registration and tiling off
- Click on the Setup tab
- Choose the DDAPv3 PPD
- Choose the paper size, single or spread
- Ensure that the Reduction/Elargement is 100%
- Center the Page
- Choose the output tab
- Make sure that all colors are printing
- The resolution should be 2400 and the Frequency should be 133.
- Choose the Options tab
- Output: Normal
- Data: Binary
- OPI: Include Images
- Overprint EPS Black: Checked
- Full Resolution TIFF Output: Checked
- Click Layers
- Ensure that all printing layers are checked to print
- Click Bleed
- If the page is built oversized, the bleed settings should be set to zero
- If the page is built to trim, set the bleed to Symmetric and the amount should be 0.125”
- Click OPI
- Uncheck OPI off
- Click Print
- Select the Virtual Printer
- Click on the optioin "Copies & Pages" and slect "Output Options"
- Click Save as file
- Choose Format:PostScrip
- Click Save...
- Select where the file should be saved and give it a name
- Click Save
Distill The Output Postscript File To A PDF
- Find your PostScript in the location you specified.
- Next, you will need to distill your newly created PostScript file using Acrobat Distiller. Please refer to the Adobe Acrobat Distiller instrunctions in the PDF Guide