|Ad Product||Dimensions||Ad Expand Direction & Area||File Size||Format|
|728x90 (Leaderboard)||728x90||Down728x270||HTML5: Initial-200k, Polite-2mb;
Other: Initial-40k, Polite-100k
|HTML5 (Third Party Only), GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF (not recommended), Third Party;Rich Media: Third Party Only|
|300x250 (Medium Rectangle)||300x250||Left500x500|
|450x175 (CIB)||450x175||HTML5: 200k
|88x31 (Logo)||88x31||10k||GIF, JPG, PNG
No Rich Media
- All Standard/Rich Media ad products listed above support:
3rd Party 1x1 impression tracking (Not including Newsletter Ad Placements)
3rd Party click tracking via click command URLs
- Animation is not to exceed 30 seconds
- 24 Frames Per Second (FPS)
- Any expandable portion of the ad must contain a clearly visible 20x30 [x] CLOSE or SKIP button that allows the user to stop the animation and close the expanding element immediately.
- "Same in-Same out" Expansion on mouse-over requires collapse on mouse-off. Expansion on click requires click to collapse.
- Max number of panels: (4)
- Expandable ad panels can at no time cover, impede or otherwise obscure site logo, or other in-page ad spaces (same advertiser exceptions permitted)
- All audio must be user-initiated on click
- Video can be host initiated. May only download/stream 2mb maximum politely. Maximum in-banner video duration is :30 seconds
- Must contain stop, pause, play and audio control buttons
- All ad units must have a 1 pixel border surrounding entire creative with white and transparent backgrounds.
- All Third Party Tags must have backup files (gif, jpg or png).
- If site served flash files (not recommended), backup files (gif,jpg or png) are mandatory.
Flash is accepted on Time Inc. sites, however, due to browser setting updates from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, Flash display ad capabilities are limited when displayed on web pages. You can convert the Flash file into HTML5 on your own using this Google Swiffy Tool.
Flash swf file export version 10 (or below) / Action Script 3.0 format (or earlier)
- 24 FPS maximum
- Third party served Flash ads must be have a wmode set to "transparent" in their object/embed code.
- Third party served Flash ads using CSS style should not include "z-index:" parameter.
- All creatives must be designed with a solid background color, or 1 pixel border, to avoid unwanted color conflicts with the displaying page.
- All Expandable Creative Must Be User-Initiated (Either Click-Initiated or Mouse-Over Initiated)
- All .swf files must be accompanied by .gif creative
- All .swf files must contain either of the following ActionScript code for a clickable button:
All Time Inc. Digital properties which distribute newsletters adhere to the same general ad product specifications - although specific ad size may vary.
Health.com accepts 300x250 newsletter creative only
- Active clickthrough URL/click command must accompany submission of static creative files in .txt/.xls file