|Ad Product||Dimensions||Ad Expand Direction & Area||File Size||Format|
|728x90||728x90||Down728x270||HTML5: Initial-200k, Polite-2mb;
Other: Initial-40k, Polite-100k
|HTML5 (Third Party Only), GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF (not recommended), Third Party;Rich Media: Third Party Only|
must be CLICK TO EXPAND only
|HTML5: Initial-200k, Polite-2mb;
Other: Initial-60k, Polite-110k
|MMQB Logo||180x120||HTML5: 200k
- All Standard/Rich Media ad products listed above support:
3rd Party 1x1 impression tracking (Not including Newsletter Ad Placements)
3rd Party click tracking via click command URLs
- Animation is not to exceed 30 seconds
- 24 Frames Per Second (FPS)
- Any expandable portion of the ad must contain a clearly visible 20x30 [x] CLOSE or SKIP button that allows the user to stop the animation and close the expanding element immediately.
- "Same in-Same out" Expansion on mouse-over requires collapse on mouse-off. Expansion on click requires click to collapse.
- Max number of panels: (4)
- Expandable ad panels can at no time cover, impede or otherwise obscure site logo, or other in-page ad spaces (same advertiser exceptions permitted)
- All audio must be user-initiated on click
- Video can be host initiated. May only download/stream 2mb maximum politely. Maximum in-banner video duration is :30 seconds
- Must contain stop, pause, play and audio control buttons
- All ad units must have a 1 pixel border surrounding entire creative with white and transparent backgrounds.
- All Third Party Tags must have backup files (gif, jpg or png).
- If site served flash files (not recommended), backup files (gif,jpg or png) are mandatory.
- No code (JS, CSS, or HTML) should be injected into the page DOM outside the container the initial ad is loaded into. Never insert inline CSS with "!important" on any DOM element outside of the ad's container
In order to expand any ads on SI.com, please update only styles that you create. Updating or overwriting any SI.com CSS will create adverse effects. Style updates like below should be avoided:
- When positioning an ad as an "absolute" position, it must be relative to the container that you create that is rendering the ad.
When using Flash ads, please set "wmode" to "opaque". This is to account for when a user is scrolling in the left rail, the ad will go under the menu bar (that lives on top of the left rail) instead of covering it.
Flash is accepted on Time Inc. sites, however, due to browser setting updates from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, Flash display ad capabilities are limited when displayed on web pages. You can convert the Flash file into HTML5 on your own using this Google Swiffy Tool.
Flash swf file export version 10 (or below) / Action Script 3.0 format (or earlier)
- 24 FPS maximum
- Third party served Flash ads must be have a wmode set to "transparent" in their object/embed code.
- Third party served Flash ads using CSS style should not include "z-index:" parameter.
- All creatives must be designed with a solid background color, or 1 pixel border, to avoid unwanted color conflicts with the displaying page.
- All Expandable Creative Must Be User-Initiated (Either Click-Initiated or Mouse-Over Initiated)
- All .swf files must be accompanied by .gif creative
- All .swf files must contain either of the following ActionScript code for a clickable button:
All Time Inc Digital properties which distribute newsletters adhere to the same general ad product specifications - although specific ad size may vary.
SI.com accepts 728x90 and 300x250 newsletter creative only
- Static .jpg/ or .gif/ only
- Active clickthrough URL must accompany submission of static creative files/tags in .txt/.xls file