SpecificationsIntroducing programmatic print
The most highly desired segments in the digital marketplace, now available in print.
For specific Segment informaion please click the "Segments" tab above.
NOTE: If you would like to download this information as a PDF click these three links.
click here for Cross Platform One sheet
click here for Cross Platform Presentation
click here for Segments & CPMs
click here for the current Time Inc Print Programmatic Advertising Terms & Conditions
|Ad Size||Trim||Live / Safety||Bleed|
|Ad Size 1 (ALL Segments)||8 3/8” x 10 1/2”||7” x 9 3/4”||8 5/8” x 10 3/4”|
|Ad Size 2 (Not required for Rapid Scale or Bus/Fin)||9” x 10 7/8”||7 1/2” x 10”||9 1/4” x 11 1/8”|
A designated area that is larger than the final size of the ad. All creative elements that reach the edge of the page must extend to this bleed size to cover the production float that occurs during final trimming.
A designated area in which all elements (text, line art and images) are considered critical to the final ad creative and must remain inside this area to avoid being cut away during final trimming of magazine.
Indicates size after final book trimming. This size will vary within acceptable production tolerances (no more than a 1/8”). Because of production float, the artwork should be built with both bleed and live areas in mind.
The following guidelines should be followed when creating content for print advertising. Ensure that only one ad is included per PDF/X-1a file.Images
- All high-resolution images must be included. Do not embed OPI information in files.
- Images are required to be SWOP TR 005 compliant.
- CMYK or Grayscale only. Convert any Spot colors not intended to print into CMYK.
- Minimum resolution of 200 dpi.
- Screening set at 133 lpi.
- Apply image trapping as needed.
- Do not nest EPS files within other EPS files.
- Save images in TIFF or EPS format, with no ICC profiles embedded.
- Only use Type 1 or TrueType fonts.
- Text containing thin lines, serifs, or small lettering should be restricted to one color.
- Reverse lettering: For CMYK advertisements should be spread with the dominant color used for letter shapes, while subordinate colors are to be spread slightly, to minimize registration issues.
- Surpinting/Overprinting: When type is intended to surprint/overprint, the background should be no heavier than 30% in any color and a total of no more than 90% in all four colors.
Maximum dimensions for file, inclusive of all marks,
color bars and agency information
Single Page: 11” wide x 17” highSpread Page: 22” wide x 17” high
Marks & Positioning
- Include standard Trim, Bleed & Center marks for ALL separations placed .5” outside Trim area.
Include a 6mm CMYK strip (included in
Time Inc. - Advertiser Kit)
with the following values:
5% Cyan 25% Magenta 20% Yellow 100% Black
- File should be Right Reading, Portrait Mode, and sized at 100%, with no rotations applied.
- For Full Page Ads, all live content intended to print must be kept at least .25” inside Trim size.
- Spreads and Half Horizontal units: Type crossing the gutter should be positioned 1/16” from center fold on each page to provide 1/8” total separation. Safety for live area is 3/8” from top and bottom. Safety for face sides is 5/8”.
- To create an acceptable PDF/X-1a file, please click on the PDF Guide link above to access specific instructions for your application.
Files must be submitted via the Time Inc. Ad Portal. Please click on the Ad Portal Guide link above to access step-by-step instructions on how to submit a file.Proofs
MONEY magazine is presently using Virtual Proofing at its printing plants and is no longer accepting hard proofs from advertisers. Please click on the Virtual Proofing Guide link above to access information on submitting a Virtual Proof compliant file.SPOT Colors
Advertisements which include spot colors will be charged an additional production cost.Trademarks
- Please ensure any mention of FSB or FORTUNE is followed by the respective trademark (FSB®, FORTUNE®, FORTUNE 500®, FORTUNE 100™, FORTUNE 1000™).
- Additonally, advertisements must also include text indicating the following: "FORTUNE 500 is a registered trademark of the FORTUNE magazine division of Time Inc."
- Any advertisement without trademark information will be rejected for non-compliance with legal requirements.